[avr-gcc-list] Bootloader Debugging

From: Gary Douglas
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Bootloader Debugging
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:17:43 -0700

Hi all,

I have a mstly working bootloader for the mega64 that I am compiling with AVR-GCC (an older verion) , and then attempting to debug within avr studio.

I am using avr-objcopy to convert the file into and ext-coff for use in avr studio, but I think I'm doing something wrong because avr studio gets confused.

I'm locating the .text section at 0xE000 at link time, then using objcopy to relocate items in the coff file.

I'm doing the following:

avr-objcopy --debugging
        --change-section-address .data-0x800000
        --change-section-address .bss-0x800000
        --change-section-address .noinit-0x800000
        --change-section-address .eeprom-0x810000

This is how I convert normal applications (successfully), but the bootloader is not as happy.

Anybody have any suggestions or a pointer to a howto?

Thanks,

Gary

--
Gary Douglas