[avr-gcc-list] Casting

From: Ron
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Casting
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:46:49 +1100

I am using a <long> as a parameter in which I pass various entities,
sort of like a mailbox. Mostly they are longs, sometimes integers, and
sometimes I need to pass a pointer. In the latter case a cast to long
does not wholly satisfy the compiler (3.4.5), due to the size difference
on AVRs, thus giving the warning:

"cast from pointer to integer of different size"

It is only a warning and the program works fine. However I would like to
see a clean compile and so have been trying to find a combination of
casts that would promote a pointer to a long, but to no avail. Does
anyone have a suggestion?

Ron