[avr-gcc-list] crc of program memory

From: Uwe Fechner
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] crc of program memory
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:35:23 +0200

Hallo,

I want to check the crc of the program memory of an avr chip during the
power-on
selfcheck.

There are crc16 routines in the avr-libc: that is fine.

But what is the best way, to include the crc of the program memory in
the hex
file, that is created by the make file?

Until now we have an external tool (written in delphi) to do this.

Is there a way, that is easier or cleaner, to include the crc of the hex
file at the
end of the hex file, before it gets programmed, and to access it from the
source code?

Any suggestions?

Regards:

Uwe Fechner