[avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR-GCC for ATmega2561

From: Björn Haase
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR-GCC for ATmega2561
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:14:28 +0200

You wrote Freitag, 19. Mai 2006 08:48 :
> Hello Bjoern,
>
> We are currently porting some ATmega128 code to the ATmega2561 using the
> Imagecraft ICC-AVR compiler and we are having a very frustrating time with
> compiler bugs. We originally were using AVR-GCC and would very much like to
> continue using it for our project.
>
> We have noticed that you, and others, are updating AVR-GCC to cater for the
> ATmega2561. We are happy to try any patches that may be available. Could
> you please let us know where we can download such patches. We would be
> happy to contribute to the debugging process.

Here are the latest patches that I have posted on the mailing lists.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2006-05/msg00009.html

These patches are a couple of days old. When patching with today's CVS
binutils you might have problems with tc-avr.h because one of my bug-fixes
has been applied recently. The last lines in tc-avr.h should read

#define TC_VALIDATE_FIX(FIXP,SEG,SKIP)                       \
  if ((FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_7_PCREL              \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_13_PCREL          \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_LO8_LDI_PM        \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_LO8_LDI_GS        \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_HI8_LDI_PM        \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_HI8_LDI_GS        \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_HH8_LDI_PM        \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_LO8_LDI_PM_NEG    \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_HI8_LDI_PM_NEG    \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_HH8_LDI_PM_NEG    \
       || FIXP->fx_r_type == BFD_RELOC_AVR_16_PM)            \
      && (FIXP->fx_addsy))                                   \
      goto SKIP;                                             \
    }

> Your help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Khusro Saleem
>
> PS... I am not sure if this is the correct forum for such a request. If so
> then feel free to point us to the appropriate form.
Next time better post your mail to one of the mailing lists :-).

Bjoern.