[avr-gcc-list] Re: About the ATmega2560 support

From: Björn Haase
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: About the ATmega2560 support
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:49:08 +0200

You wrote Montag, 19. Juni 2006 18:25 :
> I was wondering how If I could get the alpha version of the modified
> compiler...I need to compile for some development with the ATmega2560.
> Either that, or do you know of another compiler that will work?

Hi,

IMO the last version (patches carrying the revision number 6) should be
working. There seem to be some remaining issues concerning bootloader support
but that is the only remaining issue I am aware of.

The only thing required is, that you will have to compile the compiler
yourself ;-). It's not difficult, but you will probably spend some time if
it's the first time that you are doing it :-).

Have a look at the last corresponding discussion threads on the avr-libc
mailing list. If you have more detailed questions feel free to ask, but
please always post such request on one of the avr-gcc lists rather than
contacting me by private mail. There will be many skilled persons that will
be willing to help you if you meet difficulties while building the toolchain.

Bjoern.