[avr-gcc-list] working .rom file with empty .c and .h files

From: Menno Pot
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] working .rom file with empty .c and .h files
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:23:56 -0700 (PDT)

I have a few .c files and .h files. With "make.exe" I can compile the files
to create a .rom file. The crc of the .rom file created with filled .c and
.h files is the same as the crc of the .rom file created with empty .c and
.h files. When I delete a .c or .h file "make.exe" gives an error.

Both .rom files also work when I program them in the chip.

Only the .elf file can not be empty but this one seems not to contain the
program.

Where does "make.exe" get the program information from.

How can I change the program (whitch is in the .c and .h files) and create a
new .rom file?

I am working with a old version of "make.exe" (from avr-gcc I think) witch
is 193 Kb of size and made on 02-nov-2000.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

I included the makefile and make1 and make2 witch he uses. Because this
forum does not allow files without extention I added .txt to the files as
extention.