[avr-gcc-list] linking bootloader and main application at once

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] linking bootloader and main application at once
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:00:19 +0200

Dear all,
within the last days we finished our bootloader for a Mega88 AVR. Now we would like to link it into existing projects written both in C and assembler. We prepared the bootloader to reside in a separate section (.bootloader) located into the AVRs bootloader. If we now link the bootloader all section .bootloader decorated functions get located into to correct flash section but the .init<x>, .verctor, ... are shared. How do we have to setup the linker that bootloader and application gets their own .vector, .init<x>, ... sections each in their
specific memory segment and that both have the full RAM available?
        Thanks in advance for your help!

        Best Regards
                Jan