[avr-gcc-list] in and out instructions

From: Trampas
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] in and out instructions
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:09:33 -0500

When attempting to do inline assembly I get the error message that the address needs to be less than 64 when attempting to use in and out instructions. Specifically I was copying this line of code from the At90CAN128 datasheet.

Out SPMCSR, r24

Note that SPMCSR on the at90can128 is address 0x0057 which is greater than 64. I was wondering if the instruction set changed or something on this part?

For further information I have not been able to get bootloader to work on this part, and was wondering if it was a problem with the sts instruction verse the out instruction.  As far as testing the bootloader I have tried the functions in the boot.h of the latest release of WINAVR, which is 8 months or so old now, and I know there are some bug fixes to the libc but I have not been able to find a new windows port of AVR libc.

Trampas