Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help! gcc 4.1.1, dwarf-2 and Atmel USB parts

From: Xiaofan Chen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help! gcc 4.1.1, dwarf-2 and Atmel USB parts
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 08:56:11 +0800

On 12/16/06, Rick Mann <address@hidden> wrote:
Sorry for the long preamble. You can skip to the real question below...

I'm trying to build one of Atmel's USB samples (the generic HID
device) that targets the at90usb1287. According to the documentation,
it works with WinAVR 20060421, so at first I thought it would work
with my avr-gcc-4.0.3 installation. I got errors that made me think
4.0.3 didn't have support for the at90usb parts, so I got the latest
4.1.1. That also didn't work (same error), so I look in the archives
and found other people asking about patches.

The patches for binutils-2.17 and gcc-4.1.1
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-binutils/files/
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-gcc/files/

The following link might help as well.
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/peterfleury/avrgcc_411_windows.html