Re: [avr-gcc-list] Wrong excution order in 4.1.1, but not 3.4.5, regress

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Wrong excution order in 4.1.1, but not 3.4.5, regression?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:26:04 -0500

On Monday 19 February 2007 19:34, Eric Weddington wrote:

> I can't fully tell what's going on with just the asm snippets you provide.

I spent a while trying to get a reproducible version in a few
lines, but that kept changing the results.

> If you think that this is a GCC bug, then please fill out a GCC bug report.

All I know for sure is the code compiled with 3.4.5 works, with 4.1.1
it does not.

> Thanks for checking the known bug list first. :-)

> If you fill in a GCC bug report, feel free to put my email address on the CC
> list of the bug report.

Ok.  I'll try to take care of that in the morning.  For now I'll just keep
using 3.4.5, the code produced there looked far less convoluted, plus
the added bonus of working correctly. :-)

--
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/
                 http://www.unusualresearch.com/