Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:47:07 +0100 (MET)

"Vrudny, Noah O" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is the command-line function that gets typed from the make file:

> avrdude -p atmega128 -P com2 -c stk500 -U flash:w:test_led.hex

> so, I am using stk500 as the programmer.

I have no idea why Windows might give you a "Permission denied"
response.  Sure, you could try -c stk500v2 in case the boot loader
mimics STK500 protocol version 2.x, but even then, it's not quite
clear to me what the permission denied might be for.  The latest
avrdude is even supposed to auto-probe either V1.x or V2.x firmware
when just using -c stk500.