[avr-gcc-list] eeprom issue

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] eeprom issue
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:02:02 -0700

I think I may have finally found my first legitimate bug!  Then,
again, maybe not:

Anyway, if you have a project with two C/C++ sources, both of which
include the same header, and you have:

static char temp_ee __attribute__((section (".eeprom"))) = 10;

in the header, if you build, you will see 0x0A at two locations in
your ee.hex file.

I don't have an example at the moment, because I had to deliver to a
customer, so naturally, I moved the variable definition to one C file
only, and pointed to the ram value I load it into in the header.

static char temp (w/o the EE attrib) appeared to work fine in the same
header, so it appears to be a unique error to the EE attrib.

If we elevate this to, "yes, it may actually be a bug, Steve's not
just clueless", then I'd be happy to regenerate the example code.
Thought I'd check with y'all first.

Steve