Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc hangs on XP.

From: edSteve
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc hangs on XP.
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:44:28 -0700

On Thursday 17 May 2007 07:14:22 Eric Weddington wrote:

> My point is that you very probably don't need to build AVR GCC in Cygwin,
> nor run everything in a Cygwin shell. Use WinAVR, create your Makefile and
> call make from the Windows command line. This is a much simpler approach.

Agreed. I didn't want to build avr-gcc and avr-binutils and avr-libc... in the
cygwin environment (no good reason to attempt to duplicate in the cygwin
environment what you've already done for windows). That would have been a
bunch of work compared to figuring out why the compiler hangs (see my
lesson and making the appropriate adjustments (renamed files) the build runs
fine now in both a command window and the cygwin shell (and on Linux).

Steve

--
---------
Steve Isaacs