Re: [avr-gcc-list] Programming Atmel FPGAs from AVR?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Programming Atmel FPGAs from AVR?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 12:00:03 -0700

On May 20, 2007, at 4:09 AM, Clemens Koller wrote:

There is a VHDL model of an AVR available in the Web.
I thought about squeezing that into the Flash Programmable Actel FPGA which have some "User Flash" in the newer devices which can be used for the AVR's firmware.
That would give a cute single chip solution. But there is no physical
implementation yet.

Have a look at the http://www.atmel.com/products/FPSLIC/
Parts. That's a AVR + FPGA + external EEPROM.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to; there's a "hard" AVR in these.

However, I don't think I want to include the EEPROM.

What I need is 96 PWM channels controlled by a single AVR. There will then be several of these boards tiled together; theoretically, all of the FPGAs could be loaded from a single source, rather than duplicating the init EEPROM on each board.

--
Rick