Re: [avr-gcc-list] Spurious restarts on atmega128l

From: edSteve
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Spurious restarts on atmega128l
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:26:48 -0700

On Friday 13 July 2007 13:03:57 Juergen Harms wrote:
> I would also check for a watchdog reset (your 12 msec are close to the
> 15 msec period for the shortest watchdog reset) - try to disable the
> watchdog timer at the start of your program, see <avr/wdt.h> page of the
> avr-libc-user-manual. But I do not understand why there is a reset but
> no significant info in the copy of MCUCSR.

If I use the LEDs to display the contents of the WDTCR (watch dog control
register) I see that bit 3 (WDE) is a one. All other bits are zero which does
offer an explanation for the 12mS as you suggest.

I was thinking that my fuse bit settings were disabling the watchdog. I may
not have that correct. It is possible that I was mislead by the contents of
the MCUCSR (no watchdog reset bit) -- I don't understand that either.

You may have provided the clue I need. I'll pursue this further and post what
I learn.

Thanks,
Steve

--