avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] stumped by my ATmega48 (again)

From: Dave Hylands
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stumped by my ATmega48 (again)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:14:51 -0700

Hi Joe,

> Can anyone explain how the reset line is supposed to work in relation
> to the ISP?  What's the standard procedure for testing your code while
> the ISP is still attached?

It depends on the program that you're using. Some programs leave the
reset asserted, others don't. Some have command line options to
control it.

avrdude uses the -E option to control the reset and Vcc status after exiting.

Adding -E noreset,vcc should allow the program to run after programming.

I don't recall what the default is if no -E option is specified.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada