[avr-gcc-list] rjmp to an absolute address

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] rjmp to an absolute address
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:54:36 -0700

The instruction `rjmp 0' jumps to the beginning of the current
section. If I want to jump to the absolute address 0, the best
workaround I have at the moment is to use the linker option `--defsym
application=0' and `rjmp application' as described here [1]. Is there
any way in source code to use the rjmp instruction to jump to an
absolute address without using a linker option or a linker script? The
jmp and ijmp instructions would work, but I'm specifically interested
in the rjmp instruction.

Please cc me in your reply. Thanks,
Shaun

[1] http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=196731