RE: [avr-gcc-list] Howto put constants on fixed address

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Howto put constants on fixed address
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:19:09 -0700

I thought this answer was in the avr-libc user manual somwhere.

The linker cannot do separate address spaces, it only knows about a
single address space. So .data, .bss, .eeprom are set at specific, very
high offsets to make them fit in this single address space and not
overlap the .text (code) section. Add the relevant offset to your
-section-start flag. See the default linker scripts to see how this
works.