RE: AVR Benchmark Test Suite [was: RE: [avr-gcc-list]GCC-AVRRegisteropti

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: AVR Benchmark Test Suite [was: RE: [avr-gcc-list]GCC-AVRRegisteroptimisations]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:35:44 -0700

Oh, yeah, I remember seeing that page now. I just didn't know that was
the "Ohio one". :-)

> If you try it out I'd be interested to hear your experiences.  My
> impression is that it needs just a bit of hacking before being really
> usable.

IIRC, someone associated with you contacted me a little while back and
gave me that link. I can't remember if it was Nathan Cooprider, or
another one of your students.

Anyway, my concern with the Ohio one is that it seems to be NesC /
TinyOS specific. One look at the python code shows this snippet:

tinyos = {}
atomic_start = '__nesc_atomic_start'
atomic_end = '__nesc_atomic_end'

exception_names = ["__ctors_end-0x3a","ccitt_crc16_tabl","thread_task"]

Is this program designed for general purpose AVR applications? Or just
for TinyOS?

Thanks,
Eric W.