RE: [avr-gcc-list] More results from the testsuite with avrtest

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] More results from the testsuite with avrtest
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:13:57 +0000

Quoting "Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden>:
[...]
Ok, to try to synchronize with you, so that our tests are consistent,
I'm running a test against svn revision 131704 (from today).

Changes I've made so far to solve some of the failures:

- created a sys/types.h with:
     #include <inttypes.h>
     #include <stdint.h>

Note that adding <inttypes.h> *only* should be sufficient. <inttypes.h>
automatically includes <stdint.h>.

I didn't really look into it. I'll probably look closer to the builtins.exp part of the testsuite to see why is <sys/types.h> needed. Maybe it isn't really needed at all and we can just fix it there. Or maybe it is needed and this quick hack isn't really providing what the testsuite is expecting.

The result of running 'make -k check
RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=atmega128-sim --all execute.exp"' under
these conditions is:

                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            11799
# of unexpected failures        52
# of unresolved testcases       23
# of unsupported tests          682
/home/pmarques/Desktop/gcc-4.2.2/svn/obj/gcc/xgcc  version 4.3.0
20080119 (experimental) (GCC)

Paulo, Andy, I owe you guys a beer! :-)

These numbers are fantastic!

Thanks, but please bare in mind that these are the results for execute.exp alone. My latest result for the full testsuite is still:

               === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            42683
# of unexpected failures        574
# of unexpected successes       5
# of expected failures          89
# of unresolved testcases       248
# of untested testcases         64
# of unsupported tests          1250
/home/pmarques/Desktop/gcc-4.2.2/svn/obj/gcc/xgcc version 4.3.0 20080119 (experimental) (GCC)

If we consider an average of 5 tests failed per source file (with different compilation options), we are still ~128 problems away from a total cleanup.

That doesn't mean you can skip that beer, though. After all, a promise is a promise ;)

--
Paulo Marques