Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues

From: Wouter van Gulik
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:43:49 +0100

Paulo Marques schreef:

The program used more than 4k of stack? Yikes!

Well I thinks it's the 64 bit stack bug... if anything goes wrong with the stack you might end up having a huge stack. It's a bug in the program.

Can you make avrtest check on stack overflow?

I can, specially if I start accepting command line arguments to define memory regions, so that I also know where the stack really ends.

I'll post a new version as soon as I have this. In the meanwhile, you can work around that specific problem, by switching the addresses of the exit and the abort ports, so that the abort port is hit first ;)

Yes I already thought about doing so.

Could you then also print the real flash address of the exit just like you do with the log.
And the total number of cycles past.

Thanks in advance,

Wouter