Re: [avr-gcc-list] Function Pointers on AT90USB1287 and ATmega2561

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Function Pointers on AT90USB1287 and ATmega2561
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:42:07 -0800

Weddington, Eric wrote:
The file I have has extended functions for all the functions defined in
pgmspace.h.  Carlos said something about trying to integrate his
morepgmspace.h with pgmnspace.h, but I don't know where that is. Since
it is his code, I don't feel comfortable making the changes.  On the
other hand, with the license he's got on it, theoretically anyone could
do the work.

Interested? ;-)  The hard part is the documentation, I would guess.
Check the avr-libc project and the Patch Manager. I thought that Carlos
submitted his work on this (but it's just not committed yet), but I
could be wrong.
I saw this in the patch manager (item #6352). However, looking through the comments, there is discussion over reentrancy issues. And according to the status, it is still open. I've downloaded the corresponding files.

Is this going to be merged into pgmspace.h or added to the project? Is Carlos still supporting it? This is something I find very useful for other projects and would be glad to help with.

Pete