Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc Produces Incorrect Code with -Os

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc Produces Incorrect Code with -Os
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 08:42:07 -0400

David Brown wrote:
... you are ... protecting the code sequence, not the data itself - the data is indirectly protected by always using
protected code sequences to access it.

I think this is just a point-of-view thing. I could be wrong, but I think the prevalent point of view is that it is the data that needs to be protected. Any means to do that would be acceptable. It seems strange to talk about protecting the code sequence. Making sure that the code executes in sequence and without interruption is just a means to the primary end of protecting the data.

Graham.