[avr-gcc-list] ATMEGA2560 Compile Question

From: Wynand Weyers
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ATMEGA2560 Compile Question
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:22:20 +0200

Hi,

I developed software for the ATmega2560 using an old version of WinAVR (20070525) 4.1.2, it worked fine until I reached approximately 60% of the program flash, using Optimization for size (S). I realized that I need to use the latest WinAVR (20080610) 4.3.0 so I upgraded and re-compiled. I found a lot of “out of program space errors” and resolved those by using the attribute to compile the referenced function calls in the lower .text section. The problem that I have is that the library functions such as the eeprom_write_block and printf also has this issue.

Do you have a patch which accommodates these function calls, and if not do you plan to support this?

I know there was discussions around the ATmega2560, sorry if I missed a similar question.

Many thanks.

Wynand Weyers

This message was checked by MailScan for WorkgroupMail.
www.workgroupmail.com