[avr-gcc-list] address@hidden ... what is it for ?!

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] address@hidden ... what is it for ?!
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:32:18 +0100

Hi list (and happy new year to everyone)

The last time I workd on my AVr project it was gcc version 3.x
something, a while ago then. I resuming work on that project now, with
a more current version of gcc (4.3.0), and I notice something new :

Everytime I run "make" to compile the project, a weird text file called
"address@hidden" is created in the project's directory, which
subversion keeps bugging me about, because when I run "Make clean"
before committing, that file obvisouly isn't deleted.

So I would like if possible to know what is the purpose of this file,
and how to stop generating it. Obviously I can modify the make file to
remove that file as well, but I find it more elegant to stop it from
being created in the first place !

What is the purpose of this file then ? In what use case can it be
useful to the developper ?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Regards,

--