avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently ?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:23:12 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:06:47 -0700
"Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden> wrote:
> The __DATE__ macro is a predefined macro, and you can find it in
> the C Preprocessor manual (CPP) which is separate from the GCC manual.
> Look under section 3.7.1, "Standard Predefined Macros".

Thanks. Seems the formatting is not configurable, oh well.

> > While I am at it, in the same vein, has anybody a trick to retrieve
> > the program revision number from subversion, so I can display that too
> > along with the compilation date ?
>
> Which program are you talking about?

The one I am writing and that goes into the AVR chip ;-)

> You just want the latest revision number from Subversion

Yep, so that when I power up the target, I know what revision of the
code is in there, and when it was compiled.

> (no matter what repository)?

I use a different repository for each project, precisely to have a
revision number that really reflects the state of a particular
program/project, not a global number that I don't find very meaningful
(well in my use case anyway, not saying it can't be useful to other
people of course ! ;-)

--
Vince