Re: [avr-gcc-list] Overlong interrupt vector table

From: Richard F
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Overlong interrupt vector table
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:57:47 +0000

Now I understand the reason for the "extra" table entries, I was thinking that the jump table solution would be the smallest, so I didn't think there was any likely code size improvement. But using -fno-jump-tables option does make the code very slightly smaller in my case (just 4 bytes).

I think it would be helpful in future versions if the compiler could output a separate table and name it, like it does for PROGMEM tables. Then it's clear what's in each table. Is that possible?

Anatoly Sokolov wrote:
Hi
Richard F wrote:
 So doesn't look  like any more optimisation to be had there!

Sorry. I has not understood your phrase.

 If you consider that the "jump table"  optimisation is not effective for your project, you can
disable it with the "-fno-jump-tables" switch. The  target specific  switch
"-mno-tablejump" should be removed from GCC 4.5.

Anatoly.