Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tables

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tables
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:24:59 +0100

David VanHorn wrote:
How would I construct a lookup table of logarithms in program memory? I'll need the logarithm of N entries between 0 and 1, ex: If N = 10, then I need log(0), log(0.1), log(0.2) etc. I don't know what precision I'll need yet, but I'll need to be adjusting N, so manually creating the table with a spreadsheet would be one way, though icky.
I'm hoping there's a way to have the compiler generate it for me?
Why not write a small C program running on your desktop computer and producing a .h file with the data you need? Then you include this file when you are compiling for your avr target.