[avr-gcc-list] Passing a string variable to lcd_puts

From: David VanHorn
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Passing a string variable to lcd_puts
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:53:05 -0400

I was originally declaring my variable passed to lcd_puts as

signed char LCD_String[LCD_Line_Len + 1]

This, after discovering to my surprise that lcd_puts wants signed chars.

Recently, I've converted to the portable typedefs as

unit8_t and int8_t

Now, whichever of those I use, I get a warning:
 warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'lcd_puts' differ in signedness

According to stdint.h, int8_t is supposed to be signed, which I understand to be the same as char.

So what am I missing?

And as a secondary question, why does lcd_puts want signed data?  Seems nonsensical to me..

--
David VanHorn
Hardware Engineer

This communication (including any attachments) is for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and delete
all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your
cooperation.