[avr-gcc-list] Re: build srecord under mingw [SOLVED]

From: Gene Smith
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: build srecord under mingw [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:16:51 -0400

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
"Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden> wrote:

For version 1.47 of SRecord, look at the Makefile.in file in the top
level. Lines 54-57 state:

Both, CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in autoconf-generated Makefiles should
include CPPFLAGS.  This is done outside Makefile.am.

The point is that any non-standard -I options in general ought to go
into CPPFLAGS, and any non-standard -L options inot LDFLAGS.  I'm
using that e.g. in situations where autoconf stuff has to look out for
libusb in non-standard places.

Sorry, I was wrong (again). Defining -I option in just CXXFLAGS does work. You just get a warning with ./configure but the Makefile looks OK and srecord builds. However, if you define -I in CPPFLAGS you get an error-free ./configure and it builds OK too.