Re: [avr-gcc-list] string initialization using "" and { }

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] string initialization using "" and { }
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 06:22:45 +0200 (MET DST)

Jan Waclawek <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would submit a request for enhancement, but was recently pointed
> out by the seasoned avr-gcc developers, that there's no reason in
> submitting RFEs without simultaneously providing a patch...

Note that this behaviour is only a pessimization if you've got a
target machine like an AVR.  For a hosted application on a
"mainstream" GCC target machine, this is not an optimization at all,
because setting up the data segment comes at virtually no cost there.

That might explain why an enhancement request like this one would very
likely not trigger much motivation on the average GCC developer.