[avr-gcc-list] Re: zero length array in nocommon

From: David Brown
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: zero length array in nocommon
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:47:22 +0200

Weddington, Eric wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden org]
On Behalf Of Ruud Vlaming Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:45
AM To: address@hidden Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: zero
length array in nocommon

My question was, why is there a difference in behaviour, and i hoped somebody could shine some light on this. But maybe it is like
J"org says, just a bug.

You're probably the first to discover such a difference. At least on
the AVR toolchain anyway.

A brief test shows that the same difference exists when compiling with gcc for the ColdFire (I don't remember the gcc version off-hand). It is therefore not an avr-gcc specific feature.