R: [avr-gcc-list] including default eeprom values in flash memory

From: palmerino tallarico
Subject: R: [avr-gcc-list] including default eeprom values in flash memory
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:31:26 +0200

Hi
I'm using this (for example):

File eedata.c

#include "eedata.h"

TOTAL_DATA total_data;
ERROR_DATA error_data;

TOTAL_DATA __attribute__((section(".eeprom"))) e2total_data =
{0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};

ERROR_DATA __attribute__((section(".eeprom"))) error_data = {0,0};

File eedata.h

#define TOTAL_DATA_ADDR     0          // Starting address of SYS_DATA image
data in eeprom
#define ERROR_DATA_ADDR     (TOTAL_DATA_ADDR + sizeof(total_data))
// Starting address of ERROR_DATA image in eeprom

typedef struct  {
  u32 .........; (fill as you need)
}TOTAL_DATA;

extern TOTAL_DATA total_data