[avr-gcc-list] Re: optimizer removes volatile pin access code. why?

From: David Brown
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: optimizer removes volatile pin access code. why?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:02:35 +0100

Joerg Desch wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:17:46 +0100 (MET)
address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:

How did you verify it?

First I can't see the pulse on the oscilloscope ;-)

Have you checked things like the direction setting for the pin, or if it is used by a peripheral? That might sound obvious, but sometimes the little things get forgotten.

Than I had a look in the list file.

I don't believe the compiler removed the code.  (If you really think
it does, please supply a compilable code example.)

Give me some time. I try to put it in a simple snippet. Is it OK to
attach it as tgz to this mailing list?

The normal practice is to paste the snippet into the text of the email. Then people can view it and comment on it directly in the email, rather than jumping through loops to see the code. If you think your code is too big to fit in an email text, then it's not a snippet!

Also remember to give the command line switches you used.

mvh.,

David