Re: RE: [avr-gcc-list] build gcc-4.6-20101204 fails for avr

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: RE: [avr-gcc-list] build gcc-4.6-20101204 fails for avr
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:21:15 +0100

> Does it work if you *disable* LTO? AFAIK, LTO hasn't been tested out on
> the AVR.

No, that doesn't matter.

LTO works as expected in 4.5.1 as I could see. I did only a few very simple
tests with LTO and actually not with production code. But I will do the tests
until years end. I will check for a net of 10 avr devices with network
connection and simulated hardware. I expect that a failure will also be visible
in the simulation :-)

Back to the 4.6-snapshot problem:
The failure is well known also in older gcc versions and also with other cross
targets. For me it looks very simple if someone is able to look inside the
configure.xxx scripts. But I am really no export on this ;)

Regards
 Klaus