Re: [avr-gcc-list] crosstool-NG

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] crosstool-NG
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:05:44 +0000

On Friday 04 March 2011, Bernard Fouché wrote:

> Making all of our AVR code on Linux, I used to download WinAVR to
> rebuild a toolchain on Linux, knowing the result would work. Now the
> only solution is to go for Bingo600's scripts...
That is not entirely true. You can also use my toolchainbuilder
included in the Femto OS distribution. I know it is a year old,
so makes use of 4.3.4. I think Bingo600 does a better job in
keeping it up to date, but mine works for windows, linux and
mac os. It is based on WinAVR too.

> I wonder how Joe  NewAvrProgrammer can build his own correct
> toolchain in a reasonable  amount of time with the information
> regarding the toolchain being  scattered all around.
Usually this guy does not need the bleeding edge patches,
very latest gcc etc, so his task is a little easier. But yes, it can
be a nuisance. This is the reason btw why i build my toolchain
installer. If you want to try my OS you want to try the OS and
not spend your time building a toolchain.

Ruud.