[avr-gcc-list] ATmega32A

From: radres radres
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32A
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 04:53:54 +0300

Well. Why AVR Studio 5.0 include ATmega32A for AVR Assembler and also other compiler include ATmega32A for example CodeVisionAVR.
But AVR-GCC and AVR Burn-O-Mat softwares don't include ATmega32A.
I just wondered while in others include but AVR-GCC and AVR Burn-O-Mat don't. Thanks for the reply.

> Hello,
>
> AVR-GCC doesn't include ATmega32A. There is only ATmega32 microcontroller in AVR-GCC. I didn't see ATmega32A in WinAVR. Alos when I use AVR Studio 5.0 for assembler compiler, I see ATmega32A option. But when I use AVR Studio for AVR-GCC, there isn't ATmega32A option. I know ATmega32 and ATmega32A are same hardware structure except electrical parameters. But I regardless think ATmega32A option should be. Why do not option ATmega32A in AVR-GCC? Thanks.

Hi,
so what would be the reason for including it separately if from software side these are bit-to-bit the same?

Following your idea, one could request atmega128L as a variant of atmega128, for example, but what for?

Cheers,
Piotr