Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GDB testsuite

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GDB testsuite
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:01:08 +0200

Paulo Marques schrieb:

I don't know very well the details of the avr-libc testsuite, but
from what I could understand I can see several things that would need
to be done in order to use avrtest:

[...]

Humm... I looked at the test script and it seems it only uses the
core dump file to "artistically" extract the contents of r24:r25.
This should be much easier to implement than a full fledged core dump
(but I could have missed something).

If it's just to get an exit code out of the program or destinguish between exit/abort, that's easy with avrtest: Just write to a "magic" port. See the exit.c used in avr-gcc testsuite:

http://winavr.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/winavr/avrtest/dejagnuboards/exit.c?revision=1.3&view=markup

Testsuite runs simply link the respective exit.o to the test case's code.

Johann