Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC: Diffrence b/w lodable & allocatable sections ?

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC: Diffrence b/w lodable & allocatable sections ?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:00:10 +0800

If some .data section is loaded in memory then definitely it should be
allocated some memory.
<<<<

Yes, but not vice-versa. Take .bss for example which is allocatable but not
loadable.

This link also specifies that some section are lodable but not allocatable
<<<<

Overlays.

These are not specific to avr-gcc.

Anitha