Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Jens Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:22:43 +0200

Hi Johann,

>>> I've tried the following before compiling, but it makes no difference:
>>> ln -s "$BUILDDIR/gmp-$GMP_VERSION" "$BUILDDIR/gcc-$GCC_VERSION/gmp"
>>> ln -s "$BUILDDIR/mpfr-$MPFR_VERSION" "$BUILDDIR/gcc-$GCC_VERSION/mpfr"
>>> ln -s "$BUILDDIR/mpc-$MPC_VERSION" "$BUILDDIR/gcc-$GCC_VERSION/mpc"
>>
>>Don't do that.
>
>OK, I won't do that anymore. ;)
>Just a note: That was something I found on the net recently for a 4.5.3.
>
>>Completely remove you $BUILD directory, copy or soft-link gmp/mpc/mpfr into
>>toplevel GCC $SOURCE directory and try to re-configure and re-build again.
>>
>>That way the toplevel GCC configure machinery is used to configure/build
>>GMP/MPFR/MPC for your host/build setup.

Compiling just finished. Unfortunately, I still get the same error...

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
mkdir ./mpfr
Configuring in ./mpfr
configure: error: --target is not appropriate for GMP
Use --build=CPU-VENDOR-OS if you need to specify your CPU and/or system
explicitly.  Use --host if cross-compiling (see "Installing GMP" in the
manual for more on this).
make[1]: *** [configure-mpfr] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would it help sending something from config.log or config.status ?

Love,
Jens