Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:14:15 +0200

Marek Michalkiewicz schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't followed the thread very closely (haven't used
> avr-gcc for about 2 years now), but here is my 0.03 PLN...
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 02:07:46PM +0400, Denis Chertykov wrote:
>
>> Do you know any real example of a program more than 128k ?
>
> Bootloader at the end of flash in a 256K device?
> It's small but completely above 128K, so EIND should be
> set to 1 at startup for any indirect jumps within it
> to work, otherwise they will jump somewhere below 128K.
>
> It's probably OK to assume EIND never changes after
> startup though.  The upper 128K (except bootloader)
> would not be used for code, but still useful for data.
>
> Marek

If I understand correctly, my changes in
http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/trunk/gcc/config/avr/libgcc.S?r1=179760&r2=179759&pathrev=179760
are no good and I should rework the patch to use EI*, and instead of PUSH
zero_reg there should either a push of EIND or, if no RET is used to indirect
jump, EIJMP instead if IJMP?

Johann