Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?

From: Jan Waclawek
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:50:22 +0200

>Jan's work does use EIND.

Just making this one thing straight - it's NOT my work, I am not capable of
doing not even the slightest change in avr-gcc. I am only a mere user who
happens to work on a >128kB binary (cca 3 man-year, btw.), that's why I am
interested. However, I believe this kind of applications is not appropriate for
AVRs, and that the existing support for what we discuss here is sufficient.

The extended indirect stuff in gcc is already there for a couple of years.
Johann was just trying to clean it up, as it appears it is not needed at the
present state of affairs.

Jan Waclawek