Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Bingo
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2 (Solved)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:08:43 +0200

On 2011-10-27 09:32, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> "Jens Bauer" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I'll take a look at the Codesourcery toolchain anyway, it might
>> contain some good hints and tips. :)
> I took a look at the Codesourcery code.  The issue there is that all
> you get is a large blurb of hacked up sourcecode, while Michael
> Fischer separates his (sparse) patches from the actual source.  So
> with Codesourcery, you simply get a large "black box" of code.
>
> Comparing it with a regular GCC tree yields many many differences, and
> it's not completely clear which GCC version they based their work on -
> presumably simply some SVN snapshot of the day.

You have to remember that Codesourcery is/was payed by ARM to develop
and maintain arm-gcc.
So afaik. a lot of the patches hasn't found their way into the official
"tree".

But at least before they were acquired by Mentor , i considered
Codesourcery to be the the "latest" in arm-gcc
I don't know what their status is after the acquisition.

/Bingo