[avr-gcc-list] avrdude usb problem on osx

From: Raffaele De Vita
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude usb problem on osx
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 13:31:59 +0000

Hi,

I'm tryning to use an atmega88 on mac, osx. My problem is to use the usb device, my pc doesn't seem to read it.
 That's the string(s( i get in the terminal.

macbook-di-raffaele-de-vita:~ raffaeledevita$ avrdude -c avrispv2 -p m88 -P usb -v -F

avrdude: Version 5.11.1, compiled on Nov  8 2011 at 12:17:41
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

         System wide configuration file is "/opt/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/raffaeledevita/.avrduderc"
User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

         Using Port                    : usb
         Using Programmer              : avrispv2
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

I believe i need to find the serialnumber of the usb port. if that's right, how can i do that?

Thank you,

raffaele