Re: [avr-gcc-list] Confusing static method RAM usage.

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Confusing static method RAM usage.
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:26:59 +0100

Marcin S wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with this code, I have this

[bunch of code that does not compile]

When I use this method in my program then according to avr-size, RAM
memory usage jumps by 168 bytes! Why?

There may be all sorts of explanation for that.

Without code that can be compiled, without compiler version and compiler options it's just guessing around.

As we have no code that compiles (noone has PanelPellet, CNapisy, ST_OFF ...) look at the genrated code and what takes the additional RAM.

I thought this should not take  any RAM until execution, am I right?

Obviously, not.  You tried -fno-tree-switch-conversion?