Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to reserve registers

From: Omar Choudary
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to reserve registers
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:52:53 +0000

I thought this (declaring a variable as volatile) applies only when we are
using the variable in C, i.e. when the compiler needs to know that
variable will be modified by hardware/ISR.

However in this case the variable is modified only in assembler and the
function used to retrieve the value (GetCounter) is also written in assembler.

Does it really make a difference in this case if the variable is declared as
volatile or not?

Thanks,
  Omar