avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Libc int32_t and uint32_t typedefs are incorrect

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Libc int32_t and uint32_t typedefs are incorrect
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:45:23 +0100

On 13/01/2012 18:24, Weddington, Eric wrote:

IMNSHO, Code space trumps all other concerns.

Eric

I don't agree with that. It's seldom that I run out of code space on AVR's - it's more often that I want more effective code (which means slower clocks, less power, etc.).

Experiences vary, and code space is often important - but it most certainly does not trump all other concerns. If it really is your main concern, forget C - write a small Forth VM and use that instead.