Re: [avr-gcc-list] Living With Atmel Studio 6.0

From: Dave Harper
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Living With Atmel Studio 6.0
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 11:59:47 -0500

On 8/9/2012 11:46 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
On 09.08.12 10:54, Dave Harper wrote:
It seems like throughout my career nothing has been
more dynamic than the tools I've used.  Virtually every time I start
a project the first thing that needs to be done is to re-evaluate the
current tools and put together a new set that will get the job done.
About a decade and a half ago, I escaped that struggle. I've lost count
of the number of projects that have since used only the gnu toolchain,
across M68K, PowerPC, V850, and, AVR, that I can still remember.

Actually that's roughly the same time I switched to gnu as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't do everything I need - my project has a browser based user interface so that means JavaScript and the test environment is largely programmed in Tcl.

Dave