Re: [avr-gcc-list] Porting Atmel patches

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Porting Atmel patches
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:39:21 +0200

Weddington, Eric schrieb:
Behalf Of Joerg Wunsch

The FSF only allows changes of 10 lines or less in a patch, if
there is no copyright assignment on file.
I thought with the recent changes, adding a new AVR device is
merely going to be a one-liner (a change to avr-devices.c)?

Sure, it's now easier to add devices. But device support also needs
the I/O header file in avr-libc, and no one else can submit that
except Atmel.

Ah, interesting.  Does this mean avr-libc is owned / hosted by Atmel now?

Johann