Re: [avr-gcc-list] Current patch queue against binutils upstream

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Current patch queue against binutils upstream
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:56:05 +0100

Bastien ROUCARIES schrieb:

I wish to package avr binutils then gcc for debian.

What is the current patch queue against binutils upstream (2.23) ?

What do you mean with "curent patch queue"?

There are

* PR14406  Support .progmem<N>.data sections in the default ld script

No patch available, I don't even know if this is possible with binutils or only by means of own linker script.

* PR12494  Relaxation leads to wrong code optimization

No patch available -- non I know of.  Björn outlined what to do, cf. PR.

* PR13812  .trampolines location in linker script cause "internal error:
           out of range error"

Dunno if this is still an issue resp. can be solved by a better default linker script. Maybe a user-specific ld script is needed here, too.

Some recent, AVR related PRs, IICR all fixed in 2.23:

* PR14058  Internal overflow error on > 128kB flash
* PR13899  Wrong relaxation of R_AVR_16_PM with gs()
* PR13697  Wrong symbol values with --gc-sections and empty .data
* PR13410  Relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol
* PR12742  mingw32 and --enable-lto in Canadian cross build
* PR12161  Unconforming ELF file causes SIGSEGV in avr-ld

And the following extension, not needed for avr-gcc older than 4.8

* PR13503  Support RELOCs to represent a byte

Johann